ATF and Obama Administration once again going after guns. This time your shotgun.
It's an old and tired story. The second amendment is often "interpreted" by Liberals as meaning that every citizen cannot own a firearm
unless part of Government or an officially recognized militia i.e. Military. Suffice it to say Guns and their owners have been targeted
by these "freedom" loving liberals for years. Once again the Constitution is under attack from the left.
"The ATF study group settled on make a shotgun particularly useful for self defense, especially home defense."
Here are the characteristics that the study has decided are unsuitable for sporting use:
(1) Folding, telescoping, or collapsible stocks;
(2) bayonet lugs;
(3) flash suppressors;
(4) magazines over 5 rounds, or a drum magazine;
(5) grenade-launcher mounts;
(6) integrated rail systems (other than on top of the receiver or barrel);
(7) light enhancing devices;
(8) excessive weight (greater than 10 pounds for 12 gauge or smaller);
(9) excessive bulk (greater than 3 inches in width and/or greater than 4 inches in depth);
(10) forward pistol grips or other protruding parts designed or used for gripping the shotgun with the shooter’s extended hand.
Once again Obama and his minions are attempting to do through regulations what they cannot get done legislatively.
"The current study refers to the conclusions drawn in prior ATF studies of rifles in 1989 and 1998, and handguns in 1968.
It also draws on the NFA and the GCA (Gun Control Act of 1968) to justify the “sporting purpose” test, and the narrow interpretation that the ATF places on the test.
The justifications are all linked together, like a knitted sweater.
Pull on the piece of yarn called “imported shotguns” and you find when it’s unraveled enough that you’re tugging on the “domestic shotguns” yarn.
Only now the “imported rifle” bit of yarn is hanging loose, just begging for someone to tug on it. Unravel that a bit and you reach “domestic rifles.”
A similar bit of unraveling is likely to happen with the piece of yarn labelled “handgun.”