Support your local Chik-fil-a

25 replies [Last post]
Joe Kawfi
Joe Kawfi's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/20/2009

Support Chik-fil-A. They are under attack from a bunch of intolerant leftists -

A Christian Business in the Left's Crosshairs

Chick-fil-A is an American success story. Founded by Georgian entrepreneur Truett Cathy in 1946, the family-owned chicken-sandwich chain is one of the country's largest fast-food businesses. It employs some 50,000 workers across the country at 1,500 outlets in nearly 40 states and the District of Columbia. The company generates more than $2 billion in revenue and serves millions of happy customers with trademark Southern hospitality.

Observerofu
Observerofu's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/14/2010
Looks like I will be enjoying a chic-fil-a tomorrow

may even go everyday this week.

Georgia Patriot
Georgia Patriot's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/17/2010
CFA
Observerofu wrote:

may even go everyday this week.

Except Sunday! I wonder how much money CFA has lost over the years over Sunday? I know the history of CFA well, back into the 50's and Hapeville, Truett Cathy taught Sunday School back then, I have a great deal of respect for the man. -GP

Joe Kawfi
Joe Kawfi's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/20/2009
Chick-fil-A Song

Chick-fil-A song by Tim Hawkins

This is very funny -

Chris P. Bacon
Chris P. Bacon's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/28/2010
Oh? Why is that?

Will you be going to Chic-fil-a just to poke a stick in some Librul's eye? Or is it because of your deep-seated hatred towards homosexuals (or "fags", as they're known in TeaParty-speak)? Or both?

Personally, I don't care at all what Chic-fil-a does with their profits. They can send their money to Focus on Derp Family, Westboro Baptist Church, or any other right-wing organization.

Now, if they refused to serve gay customers at their restaurants, that'd be an altogether different story.

JohnnyBGood
JohnnyBGood's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/14/2008
Crispy ...

Try as I might I am unable to find or cite any example of the Tea Party using a particularly vulgar slang you freely cite to describe those with an alternative sexual preference to their own.

Since you obviously have claimed in your post that they are called by this disgusting and crude term, please show me where the Tea Party has referred to gay individuals by the term you so loosely assign to them.

Additionally, I see you slithered back from your hiatus to revisit the boards. I certainly hope you were not gone as a result of being ill with some genetically predisposed personal illness. I know that life is full of irony and I wouldn't wish ill on you!

By the way, did you ever apologize for your remark that 'God punishes people by giving them colon cancer'? If so, I missed it and would like to read it. It would be an opportunity to see a post of substance from you - for a change.

Any way, I am suprised to see that despite the fact that Carter lost Iran and Obama has lost Egypt ... you are worried about chick-fila asking people what their sexual orientation is? Somehow I just don't think that will ever precede the "Welcome to Chick-Fila, how can I serve you?" question...but if it does...you can always go to Burger King and 'Have it your way'.

You really should avoid the caffeine, get some rest, and join the real world where unemployment, a busted economy, world turmoil, terrorism, a lack of leadership, a loss of privacy and liberty are all concerns that the majority of the world is gravely concerned about.

Leave the name calling to the bullies on the school yard, besides, they are better at it than you are.

In hopes that you are cancer free,
Johnny

Chris P. Bacon
Chris P. Bacon's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/28/2010
Howdy Johnny B!
JohnnyBGood wrote:

Try as I might I am unable to find or cite any example of the Tea Party using a particularly vulgar slang you freely cite to describe those with an alternative sexual preference to their own.

Since you obviously have claimed in your post that they are called by this disgusting and crude term, please show me where the Tea Party has referred to gay individuals by the term you so loosely assign to them.

Go to any Tea Party meeting. Wait until they turn off the videocameras. You'll be very surprised at the amount of pejoratives and nastiness slung around. The Teahadists don't limit their hatred towards gays, either: they also hate blacks, Hispanics and non-Christians with equal fervor. In fact, if you are not an over 50 heterosexual Caucasian male, chances are they have a pejorative just for you!

JohnnyBGood wrote:

Additionally, I see you slithered back from your hiatus to revisit the boards. I certainly hope you were not gone as a result of being ill with some genetically predisposed personal illness. I know that life is full of irony and I wouldn't wish ill on you!

Hiatus? I was out of town for three days. Good to know you missed me.

JohnnyBGood wrote:

By the way, did you ever apologize for your remark that 'God punishes people by giving them colon cancer'? If so, I missed it and would like to read it. It would be an opportunity to see a post of substance from you - for a change.

Apologize? Oh no, my dear friend, not only am I NOT apologizing, but I stand behind my remarks now more than ever! If you look at the number of people who have suffered from colon cancer on this board, or had their loved ones suffer from colon cancer, you'd find one single common characteristic: Mocking God by embracing fringe right positions. Like I said before, actions have consequences and God is not mocked!

JohnnyBGood wrote:

Any way, I am suprised to see that despite the fact that Carter lost Iran and Obama has lost Egypt ... you are worried about chick-fila asking people what their sexual orientation is? Somehow I just don't think that will ever precede the "Welcome to Chick-Fila, how can I serve you?" question...but if it does...you can always go to Burger King and 'Have it your way'.

Yeah, I'm against discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, national origin and/or sexual preference. That's one of the reasons I'm a better person that you are.

JohnnyBGood wrote:

You really should avoid the caffeine, get some rest, and join the real world where unemployment, a busted economy, world turmoil, terrorism, a lack of leadership, a loss of privacy and liberty are all concerns that the majority of the world is gravely concerned about.

Leave the name calling to the bullies on the school yard, besides, they are better at it than you are.

In hopes that you are cancer free,
Johnny

Yeah, the schoolyard bullies all grew up to be fringe Republicans...no surprise there! And truthfully, I take no particular joy in sinking to their level to do battle, but hey, someone's gotta do it!

Have a nice day!

Observerofu
Observerofu's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/14/2010
Liberals to Clarence Thomas go back to the Fields or lynching

you decide.

At a recent Code Pink rally a cry for Egypt style revolution was heard through out the crowd. You know the one where people are dying at.

Also heard was one calling for Clarence Thomas and his wife to be killed.
Another was heard to say she was armed with a Glock and wanted to shoot Glenn Beck.

While still others called for Fox News Execs to be murdered.

Those nutty but peaceful liberals need to learn from the Teahadist as one here calls us and say this stuff AFTER the Cameras are shut off. Oh well can't fix stupid now can we.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3ctO7fdrcc&feature=player_embedded

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/leftist-protesters-hang-clarence-thomas-...

http://biggovernment.com/chartsock/2011/02/03/white-political-ralliers-c...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3ctO7fdrcc&feature=player_embedded

AtHomeGym
AtHomeGym's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/18/2007
OOFU & Code Pink

I thought that came from a Common Cause rally and was the product of one of Breitbart's Video guys.

Observerofu
Observerofu's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/14/2010
Code Pink and Common cause where both in attendance

at that peaceful lovefest.

There were quiet a few democrat groups attending.

"We were joined by at least half a dozen busloads of public sector union members and common demonstrators from AFFCE, The Ruckus Society, 350, Greenpeace, Code Pink, and the Progressive Democrats of America, among others, without whose valuable contributions to the yelling, the rally would’ve been just a lousy bust. Video camera in hand, I purposely engaged them to get beyond their programmed talking points, only to find some rather colorful agenda items – particularly for Justice Thomas."

http://dougpowers.com/2011/02/03/african-american-judge/

Chris P. Bacon
Chris P. Bacon's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/28/2010
That violent left!
Observerofu wrote:

you decide.

At a recent Code Pink rally a cry for Egypt style revolution was heard through out the crowd. You know the one where people are dying at.

Also heard was one calling for Clarence Thomas and his wife to be killed.
Another was heard to say she was armed with a Glock and wanted to shoot Glenn Beck.

While still others called for Fox News Execs to be murdered.

Those nutty but peaceful liberals need to learn from the Teahadist as one here calls us and say this stuff AFTER the Cameras are shut off. Oh well can't fix stupid now can we.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3ctO7fdrcc&feature=player_embedded

The one lady had challenged Glenn Beck to a duel with pistols. Beck did not respond. You're not from the South, so you wouldn't understand the difference between wanton gun violence and an affair of honor.

That link is pretty boring until about the three minute mark. I hadn't realized that Carol Channing had been cloned!

In any event, I'm glad you shared Breitbart's carefully edited video of left-wing violent extremists. It'll give the "false equivalency boys club" (Mike King, President) plenty of fodder for months to come!

p.s. promotin' violence is just plain wrong! Especially violence directed at Clarence Thomas..that would cause near-fatal brain lock amongst Teahadists (Lynch Negro? Gud! Lynch Conservative? Not Gud! Lynch Conservative Negro? DERP DERP DERP HELP US GLENN BECK TELL US WHAT TO THINK! DERP DERP DERP DERP)

Mike King
Mike King's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/29/2006
Careful There Bacon...

...I may have to issue an executive decree.

Chris P. Bacon
Chris P. Bacon's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/28/2010
Mike....

hate to tell you this, my friend, but those four letters after your first name are a surname, not a title. :P

PTC Observer
PTC Observer's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/23/2007
CPB - Leftist

read it and weep

http://theantiliberalzone.blogspot.com/2011/01/leftist-violence-in-ameri...

Seems like both the left and the right have their problems with violence.

And don't forget the biggest lefists gone wild, Hitler.

BTW?

What's a DERP? or are you imitating a frog?

Chris P. Bacon
Chris P. Bacon's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/28/2010
Petey C...false equivalency yet again!

I've never claimed that violence was exclusive to the right (specifically the fringe right). What I do note, is that the incidences of rightwing violence (threatened and actual) far surpass those of the left. When abortion doctors get murdered in cold blood, it ain't leftists doin' "God's work".

I noticed that once again your link took us back to the 1960s to dredge up left wing violence. I'm not sure why the 50 to 70 age group of rightwingers and glibertarians focus so much on that era...the Sixties started half a century ago this year and yet you guys seem to revel in re-fighting that era. Most of us have moved on.

Hitler was a fascist who masquerade as a socialist, in much the same way the Tea Party are fascists who masquerade as libertarians.

And if you want to talk about "leftists" who upset the global apple cart, I'd say the biggest would have to be Jesus Christ.

"DERP" was what the "Mr. Derp" character on South Park used to say each time after hitting himself in the head with a hammer. He hit himself in the head quite often.

PTC Observer
PTC Observer's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/23/2007
Crisp - Sorry

but I don't think I will accept your "false equivalency" premise. Fact are facts both right wingers and left wingers are equal opportunity haters. All you have to do is listen to popular news programs, which I rarely do.

Hitler was a socialist...go read some history.

I don't have any idea what Jesus Christ would have been, nor do I care.

I have never seen South Park, so thanks for the clarification, but it doesn't sound too interesting to me.

And you are a socialist too but you don't believe you are. Would you like to refute that premise? I think you might convince me that I am wrong if you just admit you are.

I guess that about sums it up for now.

Observerofu
Observerofu's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/14/2010
PTO don't waste a lot of time with bacon on this

he like DM have personal knowledge of a secret cabal that has infiltrated the Teaparty.

The Teaparty represents everything that they fear and hate. An awake and not so silent majority.

You must notice that no matter how much evidence of Liberal/Progressive violence and hateful rhetoric you give it will never be enough. He will simply ignore it say the Right is the only ones, usually without giving evidence of it btw, claim victory and move on.

This is typical bacon fare. All fat not much meat.

Observerofu
Observerofu's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/14/2010
and the spin zone is very active tonight

Thanks for the show bacon I can see you have learned nothing.

Just once I would love for you to actually show us some evidence of the violence and hatred you SAY the Teaparty has. But I guess your word just has to be good enough.

roundabout
roundabout's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/01/2011
Kawfi Chic

Better leave a tip because they sure don't pay help anything much!
The thousand dollar scholarships won't even buy many chicken sandwiches, but do promote the company grandly.

That bothers me a lot more than their stand on same sex anything, which isn't my business, nor theirs. It is used as a come-on.

Georgia Patriot
Georgia Patriot's picture
Offline
Joined: 09/17/2010
Rndbt

Did you know this about "an independent outlet"? : Over the past month, several progressive activist blogs have waged an ugly war against Chick-fil-A. The company's alleged atrocity: One of its independent outlets in Pennsylvania donated some sandwiches and brownies to a marriage seminar run by the Pennsylvania Family Institute, which happens to oppose same-sex marriage.

In the name of tolerance, the anti-Chick-fil-A hawks sneered at the company's main product as "Jesus Chicken," derided its no-Sunday work policy and attacked its operators as "anti-gay." Michael Jones, who describes himself as having "worked in the field of human rights communications for a decade, most recently for Harvard Law School," launched an online petition drive at www.change.org "demanding" that the company disavow "extreme anti-gay groups." Facebook users dutifully organized witch hunts against the company on college campuses.
Or did you know this: Samuel Truett Cathy has dedicated his time and resources to many philanthropic causes, focusing on those related to the welfare of needy children. In 1984, Cathy established the WinShape Foundation, named for its mission to shape winners. In 2010, the foundation provided roughly $18 million to fund the development of foster homes and summer camp. Past donations from the WinShape Foundation include the funding of several college scholarships and marriage counseling programs. The foundation has awarded nearly 820 students of Berry College with Scholarships of up to $32,000 In 2008, Cathy's WinShape foundation became the winner of the William E. Simon Prize for Philanthropic leadership which awarded it $250,000 towards future philanthropy, as a result of its contributions to society. The prize was created to further ideals such as personal responsibility, resourcefulness, volunteerism, scholarship, individual freedom, faith in God, and helping people who help themselves. It honors living philanthropists who have shown exemplary leadership through their charitable giving, highlights the power of philanthropy to achieve positive change, and seeks to inspire others to support charities that achieve genuine results Additionally, Cathy has dedicated his time and resources towards welcoming homeless children into his home and has taught in Sunday school sessions. He has fostered children for over 30 years, and has since taken in nearly 200 foster children through WinShape Homes. WinShape Homes is a long-term foster care program that includes 14 foster homes throughout Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee Cathy also has a Leadership Scholarship program for Chick-fil-A restaurant employees, which has awarded more than $23 million in $1,000 scholarships in the past 35 years. -GP

tgarlock
tgarlock's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/26/2005
GP, glad you're here

for adult level of conversation. I imagine Truett Cathy would disagree strongly with my view that gays should be able to marry if they choose, and that he would argue against my opinion that such freedom should be supported by conservatives since we need to tend to our own business and not everyone else's. But I bet he'd buy me a chicken sandwich lunch for the conversation, because he's a good man and not like the lefties who are amazingly intolerant in pursuit of their version of tolerance.

roundabout
roundabout's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/01/2011
garlock

Never met a pilot in my life who was on an adult level and I have known many. Good, patriotic Joe's, but juvenile in behaviour and thought.

Know how to con money however.

Chris P. Bacon
Chris P. Bacon's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/28/2010
Georgia Plagiarist

Let's see, the first 1/3 of your post was a word-for-word copy of paragraphs from Michelle Malkin's February 2nd column.

The remainder appears to be cribbed entirely from "Truett Cathey's philanthropic activities" wikipedia entry.

None of this is attributed.

Not much for original thought today, are ya?

roundabout
roundabout's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/01/2011
Reply to GA Patriot on chicken

Yes, I did know: Joe Coffee had a site listed on his spiel and I read it! Same propaganda, word for word, you spieled!

More of that self-righteous stuff about such things as all Chic-fil-A officers and employees are highly religious, go to church all day Sunday, have grandiose principles, and at least one of them about burned himself up on a pile of brush! BULL!

Like Televangelists who spout crap and violate every thing they preach and sell salvation instead of chicken----business is business!

I think if Chic-fil-A would give a twentieth as many $1000 scholarships and give $20,000 dollars they could educate a bunch of doctors, scientists, researchers, and Presidents, instead of store managers.

However, the praise wouldn't be as loud for that.

crazy squirrel
crazy squirrel's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/05/2010
a good deed is a good deed

no matter how small, how much more could've or needed to be done, for whom it is being done, or what the doer's motivation.

i fervently hope the venomous back and forth i read on a daily basis on this site is NOT representative of the average person's approach to ideological or political debate. i wonder whether all this personal stake is a consequence of involving government in those matters which belong in the home. used to be an opinion was just what someone thought. perhaps now it's so much more because one person or group of people's personal morality carries the threat of becoming law.

it's really just plain sad.

Joe Kawfi
Joe Kawfi's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/20/2009
Chick-fil-A song

Chick-fil-A song by Tim Hawkins

Funny video by one of the great comedians- Tim Hawkins. Enjoy.

Recent Comments