Coffetime at Starbucks

52 replies [Last post]
S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008

Old Fudruckers on 54 May 22nd 9am..

Sniffles aka Chris P Bacon is coming to show us how smart he is. He and I will "discuss" the Economy and Debt. All are welcome let's have a spirited debate.

carbonunit52
carbonunit52's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/05/2008
Saturday, 5/22, Starbucks on 54

I plan on being there as a representative of the simple minded (or should I say an example?). Let's have a nice clean match, OK? I would like to ask that no one tells me how smart they are, or how ignorant the opposition is, as I like to try to figure these things out for myself.

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
CARB

I think it will be fun.

I hope for a great discussion instead of I'm right...you're wrong BS. But one never knows.

Gort
Gort's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/28/2009
I've been reading in "The

I've been reading in "The Citizen" there may be a couple of judges available to handicap the debate for you. Of course you will have to overlook it if the decisions get a little bawdy.

TinCan
TinCan's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2005
SL, forget the judges

I happened upon the ultimate recruit for your debate team. The outcome will never be in doubt.

Link

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
TinCan.. got a call in

maybe he can make it..

Chris P. Bacon
Chris P. Bacon's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/28/2010
That guy sounds just like Lindsey!
TinCan wrote:

I happened upon the ultimate recruit for your debate team. The outcome will never be in doubt.
Link

That gentleman sounds just like Lindsey...although Lindsey would never say "white folk need to finds a way to get rid of Obama!" ...he might THINK that, but he'd never SAY it!

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
Interesting 'link'

Charming.

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
Yep.. Common Sense so unlike Sniffles

and he doesn't sound like sniffles.. No wonder.

Are you boning up there sniffles? Saturday is coming fast.. Got some good folk coming to meet you.. Now don't make any "plans" and decide you can't come..

Chris P. Bacon
Chris P. Bacon's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/28/2010
Can't wait!
S. Lindsey wrote:

and he doesn't sound like sniffles.. No wonder.

Are you boning up there sniffles? Saturday is coming fast.. Got some good folk coming to meet you.. Now don't make any "plans" and decide you can't come..

I'll be there, sunshine.

Bring your best lies.

Bring your friends.

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
Chuckles

You remind me of an old saying of an Alligator mouth..and a Humming bird's butt.

You challenged Hammer and Kawfi and thought I would fold.. Oh you are going to learn there is a difference between talk and action.

Be there promptly chuckles.. I will start without you..

Chris P. Bacon
Chris P. Bacon's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/28/2010
You talk the talk....
S. Lindsey wrote:

You remind me of an old saying of an Alligator mouth..and a Humming bird's butt.

You challenged Hammer and Kawfi and thought I would fold.. Oh you are going to learn there is a difference between talk and action.

Be there promptly chuckles.. I will start without you..

The more time you spend bragging about how great you are on this forum, the less time you'll have left to memorize Glenn Beck sound bytes and bumper sticker sloganeering.

Oh, and make sure your Republican/Tea Party talking points are current!

Bring your friends!

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
You see that's the problem

I have opinions you don't like them.. I don't brag about anything.. I express a set of core beliefs.

When have I attacked you for your opinions.. Have I ever verbally attacked your parents or family..

YOU HAVE and have done so to others.

You see it's your ego that's to big to admit that you might be incorrect or that others have a right to their opinions.

You call us COWARDS why?

Well Saturday this "coward" you will meet up close and personal.. You will not be able to hide behind anonymity to post your vile insults.. You can't run and you can't hide now..

I know you and I will own you..

Chris P. Bacon
Chris P. Bacon's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/28/2010
Oh Lindsey, you do make me laugh!
S. Lindsey wrote:

I have opinions you don't like them.. I don't brag about anything.. I express a set of core beliefs.

When have I attacked you for your opinions.. Have I ever verbally attacked your parents or family..

YOU HAVE and have done so to others.

You see it's your ego that's to big to admit that you might be incorrect or that others have a right to their opinions.

You call us COWARDS why?

Well Saturday this "coward" you will meet up close and personal.. You will not be able to hide behind anonymity to post your vile insults.. You can't run and you can't hide now..

I know you and I will own you..

You're quite a piece of work, Lindsey. Well, "work" isn't the word I originally wanted to use, but I didn't want Cal Beverly to have to get out his moderator's fainting couch.

You're doing quite a bit of psychological projection of late (look it up). You inadvertently gave us a window into your damaged psyche with the statement that you attack me for my opinions.

That tells us quite a bit about you.

You're very insecure about your own "core beliefs", to the extent that you take it as a personal insult when someone disagrees with you...and your insecurity is such that you feel the need to attack people for having opinions that run contrary to yours!

I don't give a damn if you think Sarah Palin is a genius or that McDonalds has a better burger than Burger King. Those are OPINIONS.

My issue with you is twofold: You routinely distort facts (many call that lying) and you refuse to accept responsibility when someone calls you out on your falsehoods.

I am convinced that you are such a pathological liar that you don't even recognize when you're telling lies any longer. Here's a quick example: the other day you did a cut-and-paste of some sketchy Heritage.org facts. I mentioned that the facts you quoted from Heritage were distortions. You weren't distorting the facts here, Heritage was. You immediately called ME a liar and said you NEVER quoted Heritage.org. I responded with a word for word quote of your original post, INCLUDING your attributing the sketchy facts in question came from Heritage.org.

Now a real man would have apologized for such an obvious error.

But you Lindsey are not a real man. Your response: "WHATEVER!"

This tells us what sort of character you are made of.

This tells us that you refuse to accept responsibility for your actions.

I call that simple cowardice. I'll tell you that to your face, if you like.

I'm not trying to be insulting here, but I do not think you are a very smart person. Oh, you're clever, and I'm sure you have lots of pithy sound bytes you've glommed from a variety of conservative sites. But I'll be pleasantly surprised if you can construct even a basic coherent argument to support your political beliefs. (as an aside, "Clinton Bad! Obama Bad!" is NOT a coherent argument)..

We'll see what happens when we scratch beneath the surface of the issues just how deep your understanding of current issues really is.

And for the record, based on your posting history here, I fully expect you to distort facts to support your position. I'm giving you fair warning that I will be calling you out on your mangled facts. Like the late great Patrick Moynahan said, you've got a right to your own opinions....you do not have a right to your own facts. If you insist of using discredited facts in your arguments after I've brought your falsehoods to your attention, I will call you an intellectually dishonest liar right to your face. I think that's an appropriate trade-off, don't you?

I'll even be magnanimous and only call out your most egregious falsehoods...I'll let the small lies pass by.

If you don't lie, I won't have anything to call you out on, and we'll have a pleasant debate.

I'm not afraid of you. There's nothing to be afraid of.

Bring your friends.
Heck, bring your mother!

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
Wow Sniffles quiet a RANT

Getting nervous huh?

It is so funny that it's only you that have issues with FACTS as you see them.

You can call out all you want.. but I remind you .. be civil.. IF you feel like you have to attack me personally.. you will not like the results.

This time you can't run just remember that.. Just like your Napoleon theory I will disabuse you of the notion that I am a "little man" as well..

Sniffles you are a classic school yard bully.. and just like all bully's you are driven to talk over and intimidate..

Sorry for me it doesn't work.. So go ahead give it a whirl there sniffle..

You are going to a public whipping Saturday and yes I have friends coming..

Your ego is out of control. Only you can be correct.. No other opinions are accepted.. Well sniffle just like your new make over to Chrispy Bacon you will be burned again.. I guess a new makeover will be in the making...

Give a call to George Soros and Media Matters your source for information maybe they can give you some more "facts"..

I laugh at you daily.. Saturday should be a good chuckle...

Chris P. Bacon
Chris P. Bacon's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/28/2010
Larfing at Lindsey 4

We'll see if your mind can match your mouth in a few days, little man, won't we?

I suspect your imminent crash and burn this Saturday will be the most prominent demise of a Nazi gasbag since the Hindenburg disaster.

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
Chuckles

As Captain Kirk said it.. "I laugh at your superior intelligence"

See you soon.. oh and don't be late remember it's Saturday not Sunday..
Also it's Starbucks not Joe Muggs and it is the Starbucks @Publix not Books a Million.. Just want to be sure you have no excuses this time.

NUK_1
NUK_1's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/17/2007
Starbucks

Why do I have to be out of the country when the Lindsey vs. Sniffles face-off happens? Someone please bring a camera and their laptop and stream this event over the internet and I'll pay for it!

Maybe you guys need to cancel out on this weekend and just book it for pay-per-view in the near future.

Here's what will happen: both dudes will shake hands, argue lightly for 10mins about politics, and then talk about things they have in common and mutually agree about instead of all this noise :)

Chris P. Bacon
Chris P. Bacon's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/28/2010
No-show Nuk? Nuts!
NUK_1 wrote:

Why do I have to be out of the country when the Lindsey vs. Sniffles face-off happens? Someone please bring a camera and their laptop and stream this event over the internet and I'll pay for it!

Maybe you guys need to cancel out on this weekend and just book it for pay-per-view in the near future.

Here's what will happen: both dudes will shake hands, argue lightly for 10mins about politics, and then talk about things they have in common and mutually agree about instead of all this noise :)

I suspect it'll be pretty much a low key affair, at least until Lindsey gets frustrated when people start laughing at him when he explains to us how GW Bush is actually a librul. It wouldn't surprise me if Lindsey had 3 or 4 posts pre-written that he'll post immediately afterwards braggin' about how he wiped the floor with me.

Sorry you can't make it, big guy, I was hoping to finally meet you too. Your presence would have likely raised the conservative IQ average a good nine to ten points.

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
Streaming

Great idea!!!

AtHomeGym
AtHomeGym's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/18/2007
NUK, you

didn't miss it much--they didn 't shake hands but the rest is pretty close. Oh,I shook hands with both of them!

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
The 'debate' is on!!

Lindsey’s quotes:

IF you feel like you have to attack me personally.. you will not like the results.
Sniffles you are a classic school yard bully.. and just like all bully's you are driven to talk over and intimidate..
You are going to a public whipping Saturday and yes I have friends coming.

C.P.Bacon’s quotes:

And for the record, based on your posting history here, I fully expect you to distort facts to support your position. I'm giving you fair warning that I will be calling you out on your mangled facts. Like the late great Patrick Moynahan said, you've got a right to your own opinions....you do not have a right to your own facts. If you insist of using discredited facts in your arguments after I've brought your falsehoods to your attention, I will call you an intellectually dishonest liar right to your face. I think that's an appropriate trade-off, don't you?

I hope someone ‘records’ this debate. It will be interesting to see how those who attend ‘judge’ the ‘winner’. It appears that both feel they will have their contributions backed with ‘facts’. Hmmmmmm. LOL!:-)

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
Little behind the times are we DM

The "debate" has been on as you say it..

But you have not said if you will attend.. Sniffles has challenged me and "My Friends" he is going to need 1 or 2 for his side.. You would be an interesting addition to Sniffles show of "intelligence".

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
Lindsey

I'm sorry I'm going to miss your intellectual debut to Fayette County. (I'll be otherwise involved - and possibly out of town - but always have my trusty computer with me!) Other's will be there to hear FACTS, TRUTH, respectfully debated - without the irrelevant personal attacks. (Think you can handle it?) Will someone take pictures? What an event in Fayette County! ;-)

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
Well DM that depends on Sniffles doesn't?

You seem to forget it was he that called out several bloggers and then insulted their family.. This has happened several times.. Why is it you libs always forget your faults then ascribe them to others..

This seems to be a character fault of all libs. You blame everyone else for the very things that you yourself do..

But that is expected from those that have so little character of your own.

JeffC
JeffC's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/21/2006
Finally!!! Great link TinCan

A Republican Teapartier who says what he believes without sugar coating it! I thought his head was gonna explode a couple of times. Very entertaining once you get past the fact that he's a raving lunatic.

TinCan
TinCan's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2005
R teapartier?

Where'd you get that idea. That's a D who just figured out what happened a year and a half ago. By the way, you have any idea what a "mack daddy "is? Long legged I got.

TinCan
TinCan's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/29/2005
Jeff, mack daddy

Since Bonker$ seems to have disappeared I figure there's room for someone else who answers themselves. I did a little research, very little, and found the meaning of mack daddy. I had my suspicions but wasn't sure. Here it is by the remorseful D.

Link

The Wedge
The Wedge's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/09/2008
Thank you for the invitation, CPB

I will come. I will hope to see AHG, I will be pleased to talk with Carbon and Lindsey, hope to see Jevank and Dawn, and await your presence with rapt interest. People are people so why should it be, that you and I get along so awfully?

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
Promises to be interesting

I get along with almost everyone and they me.. But ole sniffles just don't like me.. :-(

What did I do to him? Oh yeah disagree..

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
The day is finally here..

Saturday looks to be a Bee U T Ful day.

Good Coffee

Good Friends

Good Debate (ok that one is questionable)

Then a little work to do.. Fire up the Margarita Machine and grill some steak..and turn on a Movie.

Doesn't get any better than that..

Gort
Gort's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/28/2009
S.Lindsey, how did the debate

S.Lindsey, how did the debate go? Are you still celebrating or did you have to wear that steak on your eye and swill down Margarita’s all day?

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
Gort.. a good time was had by all

and no way would I waste a good steak like that...

Gort
Gort's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/28/2009
Glad to hear it.

Glad to hear it.

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
Debate

Great to hear everyone had a good time!

Mike King
Mike King's picture
Offline
Joined: 11/29/2006
Good Luck To Both Of You

I wish I could be there, but a prior committment stands in the way. I'm sure that should both antagonists actually show, I'll read about it here.

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
Debate:

Did anyone show?

Chris P. Bacon
Chris P. Bacon's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/28/2010
A splendid time was had by all...
Davids mom wrote:

Did anyone show?

It got quite loud at times.

I was there
Jevank
Wedge
AtHomeGym
Cyclist
Carbonunit
Karen from the 9/12 folks
and some guy named Lindsey

Cyclist
Cyclist's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/15/2007
Hey Davids mom,

I'm thinking the next little gathering will be this August in Fayetteville. Hope to see you there.

Chris P. Bacon
Chris P. Bacon's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/28/2010
Hopefully Cal Beverly
Cyclist wrote:

I'm thinking the next little gathering will be this August in Fayetteville. Hope to see you there.

Hopefully our illustrious benefactor, Calvin Beverly, from whom all website blessings flow, will be there and pick up the tab for us worthy bloggers....

...or at least send John Munford so we can make fun of his headlines.

Gort
Gort's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/28/2009
Did the debate take place in

Did the debate take place in a private meeting room or something? I showed up at 9:00 AM, drank a cup of coffee, but didn't see anyone debating anything so I left.

carbonunit52
carbonunit52's picture
Offline
Joined: 03/05/2008
Gort

The group was outside, and initially was mistaken by someone for a Weight Watchers meeting . It took a while to get started, what with introductions and the related chit chat and all, but by 9:20 or so was rolling right along. The discussion did get a bit loud at times, however an F-16 taking off would have drowned it out. Once again the positive value of meeting bloggers in person was made obvious to all there, we did have a jolly good time, and, believe it or not, everyone shook hands prior to departing at 11 AM.

Gort
Gort's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/28/2009
That explains it. I was told

That explains it. I was told it was a Weight Watchers meeting. Even though I was tempted to join anyway, I made one more pass through the coffee shop and went home disappointed. Oh well, next time, I'll just show up respectably late, after the fur starts flying.

jevank
jevank's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/30/2008
Gort

Sorry, Gort. You walked by right as we were joking about being a weight watchers meeting, and we thought you really were just interested that we were there for that.

Please come again and just ask outright whether we are the bloggers. We would have enjoyed your input.

Gort
Gort's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/28/2009
jevank

Oh well, there is always next time.

Cyclist
Cyclist's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/15/2007
Darn it Gort.

Sorry about that. The next little get together is next August in Fayetteville.

Gort
Gort's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/28/2009
Cyclist

With the mid-term election coming up, the discussions in August should be at a fevers pitch. I'm planning to attend.

AtHomeGym
AtHomeGym's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/18/2007
Group ID

Maybe next time, I'll just wear my "Gym" cap!

Chris P. Bacon
Chris P. Bacon's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/28/2010
Blogger Summit highlights were on MSNBC
Gort wrote:

That explains it. I was told it was a Weight Watchers meeting. Even though I was tempted to join anyway, I made one more pass through the coffee shop and went home disappointed. Oh well, next time, I'll just show up respectably late, after the fur starts flying.

Blogger Summit highlights were on MSNBC....

It's a shame they misspelled SLindsey's first name,though

Gort
Gort's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/28/2009
Chris P Bacon, I never had

Chris P Bacon, I never had the chance to meet S.Lindsey before and was looking forward to it. We’ve been ragging on each other pretty much since I joined this forum and I wanted to meet him in person so I could get this mental image of him out of my head. (I’m sure he has a similar image of me!)

The picture in your link is pretty much how I imagined he would look like. I also imagined he would be playing an electric violin, wearing wooly chaps, no shirt, and short black boots that make his feet look like cloven hooves. When he draws his bow across the violin strings you could hear Sarah Palin’s voice screeching out one line bumper stickers like, “Drill Baby Drill, or,… I can see Russia from Alaska,…..” well you get the picture. I hope I get to meet him in August because these mental images can be disturbing.

BTW, I read your quote in Larfing at Lindsey 4, “I suspect your imminent crash and burn this Saturday will be the most prominent demise of a Nazi gasbag since the Hindenburg disaster.” I was awed by the poetry of it.

Keep up the good work and see you in the funny papers.

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
Well I can't

When you got it you got it... and I got it...

NUK_1
NUK_1's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/17/2007
LOL..nice recap, Carbon

Wished I could have attended that one.

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
Coffee group

Sounds like a good event!! I'll try to make it next time!

Recent Comments