Fire contained to attic; neighbor called 911 quickly
A North Cove subdivision resident is very thankful for the Peachtree City Fire Department’s work to save her home from burning to the ground shortly after 6:15 p.m.
Maureen Holloway’s home at 129 North Cove is believed to have been struck by lightning during a thunderstorm, fire officials said. That touched off a fire in the attic area that was spotted by a nearby homeowner, who called 911.
Fire crews were able to limit the damage to one area of the attic, but there was a significant amount of smoke and water damage to the home, according to Assistant Fire Marshal John Dunlap. Read More»