Tyrone seeks nominees for “Hero of the Year”
Tyrone Founders Day is looking for those who have exhibited act of courage and is looking for submissions for the “Hero of the Year.”
Rules & regulations:
1. All nominations are to be submitted on the ‘official entry form”. The forms may be augmented with clippings or other evidentiary materials. You may use back of form if additional space is needed.
2. Nominations must be received no later than August 20, 2010 to be eligible.
3. The review board will be made up of three impartial judges.
4. The review board will meet the week of August 22 to make their decision. The winner will be announced at the following Town meeting with the official award to be given on Saturday, September 18, at the Founders Day awards ceremony.
5. Nominations made for individuals who are in a “paid capacity” by the Town of Tyrone and whose acts or contributions are part of their duties, will not be considered.
6. The review board has the right to waive the award in any year where an eligible resident has not been nominated. The judgment of the review board is final.
7. The nominee must be a resident of Fayette County.
For further details and entry forms call the Tyrone Recreation Department at 770-487-4694.