Charges filed in three dozen auto break-ins
An Atlanta man is in custody and facing a long list of charges of in connection to 37 incidents where vehicles in north Fayette County neighborhoods were entered July 20-23.
Randen Morris, 22, was charged with 31 felony counts of entering auto, according to Sheriff Barry Babb.
Approximately 22 vehicles were entered July 20 while parked at residences in the Shenandoah Estates subdivision off Old Ga. Highway 138, Babb said.
“The majority of the vehicles appear to have been unlocked and small items of value were removed,” Babb said.
“The items included loose change, shoes, ammunition and electronics.”
The second series of break-ins occurred July 22-23 when another 15 vehicles were entered in the Newton Plantation subdivision off Ga. Highway 314, Babb said, adding that some of the vehicles were unlocked while others had been secured. The suspect used a tool to gain entry to the vehicles that were locked, said Babb.
Babb said investigators used surveillance footage and other evidence collected to identify Morris and connect him to the incidents.
Babb said members of the U.S. Marshals South Eastern Regional Fugitive Task Force located Morris July 31 in the Bankhead neighborhood of Atlanta and took him into custody.
“This quick arrest would have not occurred without our partnership with the U.S. Marshals Office and their continued hard work for us all in the metro area,” said Babb.