Surprise: Tea Party is about promoting ‘churches and the Bible’?

The Citizen’s Page A12 contained the article: “Tea party holds pastors breakfast.” The subject didn’t seem that strange to me. After all, we look for our political allies where we can and it’s no secret most Tea Partiers are Republican and less of a secret the Republicans are beholden to conservative religious whackos.

My real “aha” moment came with this quote from the South Atlanta Tea party organizer Cindy Fallon: “... Hopefully, events like this will get people in churches more involved so they can be more knowledgeable. We need to promote churches and the Bible in the affairs of this nation.”

Well, knock me over with a feather! It appears at least the local tea party is not only about limiting government, about limiting its power to tax and spend, its power to regulate, its effect on the lives of its citizens.

It appears this local Tea Party’s agenda is the imposition of tax-supported religion, their brand of tax-supported religion, on all of our society.

“Topics at the breakfast included the threats to religious freedom and the persecution of the church, restoring the church to its biblical foundations and America’s Christian heritage.” This is great stuff. Not only does the South Atlanta Tea Party steal an agenda, but they go for the persecuted Christian home run.

This theme runs through the ultra-right Christian conservative agenda. They can’t use our public funds to promote their idea of Christianity so they are therefore persecuted. By grafting this message onto an energized, ill-defined, anti-intellectual movement like the Tea Party, people like Mrs. Fallon hope to advance their own extremist agenda to force religion down the throats of the American people.

While we can’t blame the entire Tea Party movement for the misplaced religious zealotry demonstrated here, I think Rand Paul’s comments concerning the Civil Rights Act this week illustrative of the weakness of this crusade.

Not only are its edges ill-defined, the Tea Party lacks a solid political philosophy. Instead, Tea Party adherents substitute anger as its raison d’etre. From that point every individual can fill in the blanks and Mrs. Fallon has apparently filled hers in with imposed Christianity.

Rand Paul, on the other hand, seems the usual libertarian with a lot of notions about how things ought to be and little practical solution to a world complicated by people.

For Mrs Fallon I have a little advice: read about the life of Jean Cauvin (John Calvin). Read about the Catholic Inquisition in Spain and Italy. Read about Henry VIII and his violent seizure of the established church, its proponents and property. Read about Mohammed and his pillage of ancient Christianity. Read about Suleiman’s murderous spree in the Balkans. Read about Francis I, Louis XIV and the Huguenots. Read about Reinhard Heydrich, the Wannsee Conference and “The Final Solution to the Jewish Question.”

Having done so, I believe, she will realize this is not merely a pedantic exercise but a historical perspective on “persecution of the church.”

People’s inability to use public funds to advance their particular brand of faith somehow just doesn’t seem to qualify in the same category as burning heretics, much less establishing a Treblinka, Sobibor or Auschwitz.

As for the tea party, unless it can define its message, the movement might as well call itself “The Pissed Off Party” because that seems to be what everybody has in common. I certainly am, but mostly with slow drivers in the left lane.

Timothy J. Parker

Peachtree City, Ga.

Joe Kawfi
Joe Kawfi's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/20/2009
Typical

DM cannot support her facts, and ends the debate by accusing the opposition of racism.

That's all she has. Pathetic.

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
Those who can read

will ascertain opinions based on 'facts' and opinions based on raw emotions. Joe - you are pathetic -(but I assume you're having fun with this exercise in trying to debate). Check with your debate teacher - and see how you're doing. Regarding the topic, Browning of America - research Time Magazine's archives. There are a few Americans who have demonstrated this fear (such as calling the president of the United States a village idiot escaped from Kenya) - most Americans are sincere in their distrust of those who spend irrationally (doesn't matter if the spender is Bush or Obama). The discussions here have been enlightening as to how those who may disagree with one are thinking and defending their positions. I have stated quite clearly that the majority in this discussion are not racists - but sincere citizens who are concerned about the direction of their country. Most are listening to others and observing what is happening and making their judgment based on their own experiences/perspective.

Now I’m more interested in the Lakers and the Celtics than in a Mr. Kawfi. Have a nice night. And remember – I haven’t called everyone a racist – just you. . .and I can’t help but make that decision after reading your many, many posts. Hammer is certainly not a racist – but does not like the topic of ‘race’ to enter any discussion, I guess. Lindsey is not a racist – but a strong opponent to the Obama administration. Cyclist is not a ‘racist’ – but a realist and a pragmatist IMO. But you sir – you exude racism!! (and ignorance)

1bighammer
1bighammer's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2005
A person's race isn't the problem.
Davids mom wrote:

Hammer is certainly not a racist – but does not like the topic of ‘race’ to enter any discussion, I guess. Lindsey is not a racist – but a strong opponent to the Obama administration. Cyclist is not a ‘racist’ – but a realist and a pragmatist IMO. But you sir – you exude racism!! (and ignorance)

My problem is when people use it as their total basis to judge why someone feels a particular way.

You keep referring back to the Browning of America, I wasn't familiar with the term so I looked it up:The phrase is commonly applied to the current demographic shift towards a higher proportion of minorites in the total population in the United States. It can be used neutrally as a name for the current demographic shift in the United States, but has also been appropriated by organized groups on both the left and the right. The far right evokes the phrase generally as a minority-based usurping of customary or assumed White privilege, while the far left hails it as a welcomed rethinking and/or accountability of deep-seated notions of White 'normativity.'

I don't know about you, but that definitely said nothing about the hiring of illegal immigrants. You make blanket statements about people and how they feel about other races. I can tell you this, I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEMS WITH ANYONE BECAUSE OF THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN!
Do I dislike some blacks...Yes, some Latinos...Yes, some asians...Yes, some whites...Yes. Its not because of their skin color though there are other reasons.

I don't fear the "browning" of America. I dislike the ILLEGAL entry of people to our country, Just like I dislike the ILLEGAL activity of Murder or the ILLEGAL activity of Theft. We are a nation of LAWS, not a nation of polls or a nation of the majority rules. Coming into this country without proper immigration documentation is ILLEGAL. They aren't "Undocumented Citizens" or "Marginal Citizens" as you called them...they are criminals and should be treated as such.

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
Hammer

I stated that you are not, IMO, a racist. I dislike the illegal activity of hiring illegals in order not to have to pay the minimum wage to citizens in our country. Let's deal with all of the criminals in this activity. Why not? Hiring illegals is just as criminal as entering the country illegally. My point is - the majority of the illegals are coming seeking work. I do not question your motive - and glad you looked up a term that you were not familiar with. I have no doubt that you could care less about the color of ones skin. I have never called illegals 'marginalized' - they are illegal. I have called immigrants who are here legally 'marginalized' - because some people assume that they are 'illegal'. The Time article used the term to point out a demographic fact. The extreme right and extreme left will use anything to politicize or make a negative out of a 'given'. You don't have to justify to anyone the way you feel or express yourself - and neither do I. I was, however, surprised when you equated Mexicans with roaches. Oh well . . . we mustn't made blanket statements - right? I'll try to remember that.

Americans are in control - and they come in all colors today.

I think you missed this in one of my posts - but I sincerely believe this. All we have to do is become aware of the issues and VOTE!!

Joe Kawfi
Joe Kawfi's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/20/2009
Oh, DM

You're nothing but an irrelevant, pathetic, tired old hag with a racial chip on her shoulder. I could not care any less what you think of me.

It's easy to tell when you have lost the argument - your resort to denigrating people and attacking their character without expamples or facts instead of debating them. Truly pathic.

MajorMike
MajorMike's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/20/2005
Joe Kawfi

Thanks for flash of déjà vu' (no sarcasm intended). DM is indeed all of those things but what is worse is that she is an ardent race apologist. Any criticism of anything black evokes the words "racist" and "racism" as her standard auto defense/offence. She claims to be a retired California teacher. I truly feel sorry for the kids that had to put up with her racist drivel.

I used the following phrase on her a number of times;

"You can always tell when a liberal has lost the debate; they cease trying to wear you down with endless politically correct irrelevancies and resort to sarcasm, insult, and innuendo."

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
California Graduation Rates are at 68%

I guess that explains a lot..

http://www.all4ed.org/files/California_wc.pdf

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
Major Mike/Joe Kawfi

Similar peas in a pod.

"You can always tell when a light weight has lost the debate; they cease trying to wear you down with endless politically incorrect irrelevancies and resort to sarcasm, insult, and innuendo."

Check it out!!:-)

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
Correct DM

I am against Socialism no matter which party applies it.. and they both have used it well.

1bighammer
1bighammer's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2005
DM...I agree with you!

I can't belive I just typed that. But its true. If everyone understood that we'd be in a much better place as a nation.

Thank heavens for the Founding Fathers
Who realized that the Pilgrims were seeking religious freedom - not religious domination. The separation of church and state does not mean NO RELIGION or worship - but respect for freedom of religion and worship in our country. God is ever present in our traditions, and culture. We even recognize the atheists right to 'not believe'. We do not persecute them for not believing.
Government should not be hampered by those who want to impose their religious or non-religious beliefs on others. Keep religious zealots out of politics/government. Note the Middle East. The Tea Party communicated concerns of many citizens - not just Republicans - but certain elements of the Tea Party saw an opportunity to rebuild the Republican party - by becoming the party of No. I think incumbents are in trouble - Democrat and Republican.

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
1bighammer

:-) We'll still have an opportunity to disagree.

hambonecheese
hambonecheese's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/01/2010
Can you really say whackos?

Mr. Parker, I think I get the point of your letter. I was watching Rick Santelli the day he inspired the movement with his rant on CNBC. It was a rant specifically about the mortgage bailout and generally about personal responsibility and burgeoning government spending. No mention of "promoting the Bible in the affairs of the Nation". I get the concern of the Tea Partiers. It does seem that this is an attempt to co-opt the movement.

However, I suspect you have only disingenuous interest in the Tea Party as it struggles for definition. You're more interested in using hateful terms like "religious whackos". That's intolerance that you wouldn't abide if it were a group dear to you. The persecuted Christian may be a hyperbolic "home run" to you; but, it certainly is a contradiction that YOU can get away with that type of language with this particular group and not others. Open intolerance with regards Christians is pretty widespread in the media and elsewhere in daily life. (For instance, two of your coworkers thought it was OK to laugh at "those Christian morons" at work recently). Lions everywhere aren't licking their chops, but it's still safe to take pot shots at Christians with terms like "whackos".

No, I suspect your real concern is that Christians will effectively associate politically and influence the policies of our government through this effort to morph the Tea Party. A couple of things on that concern: First, it's anathema to our principles to protest the association of a group of citizens for the purpose of being represented by our government. All kinds of groups, like unions and veterans, struggle to organize and be heard. I will gladly defend that right. Second, let's not overstate the threat here. Terms like "extremist agenda" and fears of religion forced down throats are a bit over done. The religious right has been notoriously ineffective in influencing the laws of this nation, for right or wrong. For example, abortion on demand has been the law of the land for decades despite the best efforts of the "whackos". We're not descending into theocracy any time soon, so let's tone it down a little.

Treblinka? Sobibor? What's your point? Are YOU being pedantic? I get it, you can use Google. We know the history. The church is in check here. It's another one of our founding principles. Thankfully.

Now that you have more time on your hands, are we really going to be reading what's on your mind every week? It's a bit presumptious.

NUK_1
NUK_1's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/17/2007
Pretty insightful, hambonecheese

Obviously, you won't last long around these here parts with that kind of rational analysis :)

I am very anti-fundie but I think the "threat" or likelihood of them hijacking any movement or gaining more political power these days can get rather overblown by certain segments more militant than I. That wasn't always the case, but I think that horse has left the barn now.

Yes, there will still be people who credit Perdue for ending the drought because he "prayed it away" and other nonsense, but at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter.

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
Thank heavens for the Founding Fathers

Who realized that the Pilgrims were seeking religious freedom - not religious domination. The separation of church and state does not mean NO RELIGION or worship - but respect for freedom of religion and worship in our country. God is ever present in our traditions, and culture. We even recognize the atheists right to 'not believe'. We do not persecute them for not believing.
Government should not be hampered by those who want to impose their religious or non-religious beliefs on others. Keep religious zealots out of politics/government. Note the Middle East. The Tea Party communicated concerns of many citizens - not just Republicans - but certain elements of the Tea Party saw an opportunity to rebuild the Republican party - by becoming the party of No. I think incumbents are in trouble - Democrat and Republican.

grassroots
grassroots's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/17/2009
The Secular Party is the one hijacking

You sound like a typical PC school principal . We as tax payers have to put up with the gods of evolution, global warming taught in schools as if it were truth and teenagers able to terminate the life of a child without telling their parents at our expense. We have no choice. Charter schools and home schooling is coming under attacks and law suits. You people who are afraid of prayer are the unintellectual ones. The wisdom of God is foolishness unto you. Sonny Purdue prayed with pastors on the capital steps and planted the seeds for the largest rainfall in Georgia history. Naysayers like you thought he was a wacko too.

NUK_1
NUK_1's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/17/2007
...then there is the nonsense

The Governor of GA is Sonny PERDUE. You don't have the sense or awareness of how his name is even spelled after he's been in office for over 7 years, but some how know that he can pray and make it rain and those who think otherwise are "wackos." Typical uneducated and ignorant fundie.

WAIT....I forgot to mention your usual spam of GOTOSPLOSTPOLL, GOTOSPLOSTPOLL!!!

AtHomeGym
AtHomeGym's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/18/2007
ddamn Nuk, you're

on a roll this pm!

Main Stream
Main Stream's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2006
Local Tea Party movement was hijacked for Jesus

Cindy Fallon's actions have even caught the attention of 'Right Wing Watch', since holding her "Prayer Bkfst" event in Tyrone. It's a shame that this religious zealot has hijacked our only local TEA Party movement, turning the group into her own personal crusade for Jesus. We have some close Republican friends who are atheists and who were hoping to join the movement, however, they won't now due to the extreme religious nature of the group... what a shame!

Right Wing Watch

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
People for the American Way

ACLU
Progressive American Party
Democrats for a Socialist Society
The New Progressive Party..
All part of the pfaw..

Yep great source of info...

Main Stream
Main Stream's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/27/2006
TEA party for Jesus (only)

As usual, Lindsey misses the point of a particular post, the point being that our little, podunk town and it's only TEA movement, have been noticed by media groups outside of our region, and are being written about because Cindy Fallon is morphing our only local TEA party into some sort of bible-study and prayer group... THIS is my point, Lindsey, if I must spell it out for you.

Someone else, besides Chrissie-the-Christian Fallon, should head-up our TEA party, if y'all are REALLY wanting to be inclusive. Otherwise, you all are looking like the common southern, a-political tent revival for Jesus.

Chris P. Bacon
Chris P. Bacon's picture
Offline
Joined: 02/28/2010
Great source of info indeed
S. Lindsey wrote:

ACLU
Progressive American Party
Democrats for a Socialist Society
The New Progressive Party..
All part of the pfaw..

Yep great source of info...

Yes, it's your nemesis the People for the American Way...did you notice it was three line of commentary and the rest was a Citizen article? Hmmm?

The commentary merely pointed out the hypocrisy of the local Aryan Brotherhood...err, Tea Party.

BTW...nice attempt at Guilt By Association. Let me try my hand at it!

Chris P. Bacon wrote:

Fox News
American Nazi Party
National Association for the Advancement of White People
The Christian Identity movement..
All part of the Tea Party movement..

Hey this is fun!

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
Pelosi preaching for Jesus

Another fine example of Liberal hypocrisy.

Pelosi tells clergy “I Want You To Instruct” Your Congregation To Support Amnesty."

http://www.theminorityreportblog.com/2010/05/12/for-amnesty-pelosi-wants...

Note this is not a Socialist/Progressive website and not endorsing same.. Just the youtube video.

Cyclist
Cyclist's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/15/2007
Princess Pelosi also said that....

existing immigration laws are......well are un-American. Her audience, illegal aliens.

AtHomeGym
AtHomeGym's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/18/2007
Pelosi & Amnesty

Steve, I watched and listened and heard "Immigration Reform" but didn't hear "amnesty" anywhere.

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
AHG here is her quote

"Hopefully, we will be moving toward comprehensive immigration reform that secures our borders, enforces our laws, protects our workers, honors family unification and has a path to legalization--so that we have certainty in our country and respect for the contributions that newcomers bring to us,” Pelosi said.
 

 
"

"a path to legalization" that is Amnesty.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/3552-nancy-pelos...

I wanted to include more links but with the exception of Fox News not one of the "other" media outlets are reporting it.. Surprise.. Surprise..

AtHomeGym
AtHomeGym's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/18/2007
Path to legalization is a

vague term that could be tough (should be) or a "gimme"---I know what my wife had to do to become a natualized citizen. First, I think we need to deport all the illegals who are proven criminals and go from there. Somewhere down the road think we need to ease the process for legal immigration, weeding out the undesirables up front. NO OPEN BORDER MENTALITY!

Cyclist
Cyclist's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/15/2007
Amnesty

If we sellout to “amnesty” crowd, what happens to those who are illegal and failed to follow the "new" laws. Do we deport them?????

Dial "1" for English.
Dial "2" for deportation.

AtHomeGym
AtHomeGym's picture
Offline
Joined: 01/18/2007
Cy & Deportation

Some say it's just too hard to do--I say we've got a buncha C-5As and they can haul a fair nr of folks. Naw, it ain't logistics, it's called "will" and maybe some cojones thrown in.

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
The illegal employers

are fighting amnesty - because that disturbs their 'cheap' work force. An immigration reform/legal pathway to citizenship and enforcement of existing law is in order. (But have you looked lately at who is working in your government offices and major hotels?) The hypocrisy here is UNREAL!

Cyclist
Cyclist's picture
Offline
Joined: 05/15/2007
I'm Shocked!!!!
Davids mom wrote:

But have you looked lately at who is working in your government offices and major hotels?

Are you saying........well that they're illegal??? Gasp!!!! And you can do that by looking at them???? Double Gasp!!! ☺

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
Cyclist

Yes I'm saying that - and so are many here who realize that American employers are using illegals as the new slaves in our country. Who else would work for wages below the minimum - if you could file for unemployment? The new 'slaves' come in all colors/nationalities (Asian, African, Hispanic, and European) . . .and you guys know it! Just wonder why no one is complaining about the 'white' illegals working in the fishing industry in our northeastern states? What many 'fear' - consciously or unconsciously - is the 'browning' of America. And yes, the politicians who saw the success of Goldwater, Nixon, and Reagan's use of the 'southern strategy' are trying it again - but it's a new day. Corruption, fraud, failure, etc.. trumps racism. Party politics is becoming old. I'm proud of the younger crowd who is seeing beyond 'race' - and looking at character and actions rather than color of skin or party affiliation. It will take a few more elections to cleanse both parties - but I see an electorate that will demand results. There is hope! ☺

1bighammer
1bighammer's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/25/2005
And as quickly as I agreed with you...I see why we disagree
Davids mom wrote:

Yes I'm saying that - and so are many here who realize that American employers are using illegals as the new slaves in our country. Who else would work for wages below the minimum - if you could file for unemployment? The new 'slaves' come in all colors/nationalities (Asian, African, Hispanic, and European) . . .and you guys know it! Just wonder why no one is complaining about the 'white' illegals working in the fishing industry in our northeastern states? What many 'fear' - consciously or unconsciously - is the 'browning' of America. And yes, the politicians who saw the success of Goldwater, Nixon, and Reagan's use of the 'southern strategy' are trying it again - but it's a new day. Corruption, fraud, failure, etc.. trumps racism. Party politics is becoming old. I'm proud of the younger crowd who is seeing beyond 'race' - and looking at character and actions rather than color of skin or party affiliation. It will take a few more elections to cleanse both parties - but I see an electorate that will demand results. There is hope! ☺

My god why does it ALWAYS come back to race? Wanna know why the focus is on the Mexicans or browns as you say? Its because they are the LARGEST group of illegals coming in.

Lets look at it this way. If you saw 1 millipeed, and 500 roaches in your house, which one would you treat for the millipeed, or the roaches? The roaches of course! They breed the fastest and are the hardest to get rid of once the are in your house. Same with the Mexicans. That's not a stereotype or a racial profile..IT IS A FACT!

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
Hammer

Its because they are the LARGEST group of illegals coming in.

Maybe from your perspective - but have you seen the illegal Asians that have been 'imported' to our country?

The roaches of course! They breed the fastest and are the hardest to get rid of once the are in your house. Same with the Mexicans. That's not a stereotype or a racial profile..IT IS A FACT!

I'm so glad you are above 'racist' remarks -you're such a fine gentleman. We were taught that those who made 'racist' remarks about the 'whites' who came to California after the 'dust bowl' were un-American. But I won't call you un-American - because you are stating a FACT. (NOT!) I knew we would be disagreeing soon - If you read my statement that you quoted, it's not about 'race' or 'Mexicans' - but the illegal hiring of people who will work for under minimum wage. The 'browning' of America has been discussed for years - and is a fear of those who have felt superior and in control of this country. Americans are in control - and they come in all colors today.

Joe Kawfi
Joe Kawfi's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/20/2009
Who, DM?

Who specifically are you referring to that "feel superior, in control of this country, and are in fear?" How many of them are there exactly, or are you just spouting off unquantifiable "facts" again?

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
Who?

Those who feel it necessary to denigrate marginalized citizens in this country.I personally don't know many - but you fit the bill! Your posts in this discussion are priceless - and representative of another era. I've enjoyed sharing them - thanks!

Joe Kawfi
Joe Kawfi's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/20/2009
Obama promotes slavery.......

.......using DM's logic, anyway.

Administration opposes Arizona law that penalizes hiring of illegal immigrants

The Obama administration on Friday urged the Supreme Court to review and set aside an Arizona law that sanctions employers who hire illegal immigrants, saying it would disrupt the "careful balance" that Congress struck in federal immigration law.

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
Kawfi and Lindsey

Your cute knee jerk responses represent the 'thinking' that has us in this mess! Thoughtful planning must go into developing a strategy for deporting illegal immigrants. We, our government, has allowed employers to 'look the other way' when hiring persons who will work below the minimum wage in order to provide services to our country/citizens. Now it is not just the 'Hispanic' illegal that is posing a problem - I don't think that all those in the Russian Mafia have their papers either. Amnesty is not the answer - but developing a strategy for a legal process for one who has been in this country and maintained a good citizenship record is needed. - That person should be allowed to get in line to become a citizen AFTER THOSE WHO ARE IN THE PROCESS OF COMPLETING THEIR CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENTS LEGALLY. DEPORT THOSE WHO HAVE CRIMINAL RECORDS! There is a need to confront this problem intelligently and look at the consequences of all actions in seeking the solution. We have suffered enough from the 'good ole boys' mentality of 'using others' for menial but necessary work. Just sharing my thoughts from my perspective. To say Obama supports 'slavery' is a stretch - but sounds good to some folk - I guess.

Joe Kawfi
Joe Kawfi's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/20/2009
Your words, DM

....American employers are using illegals as the new slaves in our country.

Not that it really matters, because you will try to spin it into something else in order to absolve your savior, Obama....

....but developing a strategy for a legal process for one who has been in this country and maintained a good citizenship record is needed. - That person should be allowed to get in line to become a citizen

Tell us DM, how can someone that is not a citizen "maintain a good citizenship record"?

They are criminals that deserve nothing but to be deported if they entered America illegally. (duh)

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
Duh?

Why didn't we implement your solutions before? Huh? Because there aren't many citizens who will do the job at the 'salary' offered - right? Obama didn't start this mess. He wasn't even born when employers started hiring illegals. Citizenship record? By not breaking the laws of our country other than the one that the 'government' and criminal employers allowed them to break - and paid them for it!! Right? There is no simplistic answer to this problem - but that is beyond your ability to understand. ROUND THEM UP - SHIP 'EM OUT!! D. . THE CONSEQUENCES.

Joe Kawfi
Joe Kawfi's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/20/2009
DM

Listen you old bitty, the point was that a person has to be a CITIZEN before they can maintain a good CITIZENSHIP record.
My gosh you are dense! You cry out to penalize employers that hire illegal CRIMINAL aliens until your false messiah Obama is against it.

You are a totally irrelevant buffoon, DM.

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
Mr. Kawfi

I acquiesce to your superior intelligence and articulate communication skill.

A person may not have the 'status' of a citizen - but can exhibit the qualities of citizenship

cit·i·zen
   Show Spelled[sit-uh-zuh n, -suh n] Show IPA
–noun
1.
a native or naturalized member of a state or nation who owes allegiance to its government and is entitled to its protection (distinguished from alien).
2.
an inhabitant of a city or town, esp. one entitled to its privileges or franchises.
3.
an inhabitant, or denizen: The deer is a citizen of our woods.
4.
a civilian, as distinguished from a soldier, police officer, etc.

Main Entry: cit·i·zen·ship
Function: noun
1 : the status of being a citizen
2 : the quality of an individual's behavior as a citizen

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
DM this problem is not new...

and neither are the solutions.. Immediate criminal actions for employers that have or hire Illegal aliens.. Simple..

Nearly 5 million Americans are out of work..

There are 20 million Illegal Aliens plus.. They will leave if they can't work and it would seem like we would have a surplus of jobs doesn't it..

Now don't go all liberal on me.. We can offer work permits.. but you must have a valid ID and you must pay taxes..

Anchor babies must be overturned as well..

So there are solutions and a lot of "careful" thought is not really needed.

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
What a picture!

Lindsey and Kawfi bending over picking strawberries in California, cotton in Alabama, cleaning toilets in the Hyatt, sweeping floors in the Capital. Thanks for your solution!! Let's do it! No further thought needed! :-)

Joe Kawfi
Joe Kawfi's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/20/2009
Another picture, just for DM!

DM –

I saw your son David cleaning the toilets at the Hilton when I went to the men’s room there to take a dump. He wasn’t doing a very good job because he was in such a hurry to go to his second janitorial job sweeping floors at the capitol.

Just goes to show that there are citizens out there that will do the job at the salary offered because they are too stupid to do anything else.

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
Mr. Kawfi

When you can't share a cogent argument in a discussion - denigrate, denigrate, denigrate. I estimate your IQ at about 0.

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
Didn't you just do the same thing???
Davids mom wrote:

When you can't share a cogent argument in a discussion - denigrate, denigrate, denigrate. I estimate your IQ at about 0.

Just saying..

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
Lindsey

An 'A' for observation!!

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
Isn't that a crock Joe?

Something they don't have the stones to do.. Arizona does it.. and Obama fights it.. but then goes out and says we need to go after the employers..

Absolute madness..

whitehunter
whitehunter's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/02/2010
lindsey

Why do you "defend" the employers? They violate the law. Even those who hire contractors with illegals violate the law. No madness there!

It is the ONLY solution! Employers do not want them gone.

whitehunter
whitehunter's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/02/2010
Lindsey, Kawfi, and co.

NO LOCAL OFFICERS VOTED IN A RECENT CONVENTION TO BE IN FAVOR OF THEM HAVING TO HUNT OUT, ARREST, AND DISPOSE OF THOSE WITHOUT "PAPERS."

Fayette and PTC police have been asked numerous times to arrest at least one person without papers and they have refused. Isn't that like the FBI finding a felon who had violated a local ordinance and refusing to hold him for local cops to pick him up?

Our police DO NOT want this job, nor will they enforce it---even though they say they would. They could pick up hundreds everyday at labor pools for trespassing and do not.

There is a tight connection of crop gatherers, construction people, and restaurants and others, and the immigrants. Our police do not want to "fence" with those people. It is politically poisonous.

Now what would you do with 40 million? Even if by some miracle they were stopped from coming, we couldn't get rid of that many!
Forget it.

Indocumentado
Indocumentado's picture
Offline
Joined: 06/23/2006
Quite right!

Hey amigos ---

Just back from crossing the southern border, enjoying "the bubble" and all its characters.

Facts:

1. Arizona used to be part of Mexico, so what's happening is just natural demographics at work. Arizona will be brown in the future, as well as New MEXICO, California, Nevada and Texas.

2. Everyone here in the U.S. (except the indigenous peoples) is a descendant of an illegal alien. As far as I know, the people in the Mayflower didn't have visas to disembark in America....so what is the fuzz nowadays?

Hispanics will rule America within a hundred years, we will become a bilingual country, like it or not. Those nativist may want to strat thinking about emigrating to Scandinavia.

In the meantime, have a Corona Light and enjoy the World Cup.

The Wedge
The Wedge's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/09/2008
Bilingual, not if history holds true

The history of the US is a history of the assimilation of peoples. Yes we have had enclaves of different languages-but invariably the second generation speaks English better than their parent's language. Bu the third generation, it is mostly english. The trick would be to stop the unfettered immigracion indocumentado and provide assimilation to be population currently in place.
Hey indocumentatado, what is up with the Mexican government and people that they cannot develop an economy that is strong and free of corruption? I certainly do not believe that the average person is different from here, so what is the deal? As you choose to speak for la gente de iligitimo, perhaps you will continue to speak for it.

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
Hey Wedge

Hey indocumentatado, what is up with the Mexican government and people that they cannot develop an economy that is strong and free of corruption?

I cringed as I read this. Maybe when we solve our weak economy and free our government and elected officials from corruption, we can give Mexico a helping hand? What about the corruption that we're dealing with in our own little cities and urban areas? It's difficult to tell children to 'follow the Golden Rule' when the media reminds us daily/hourly, that adults have a problem with this dictate. Maybe if we would publicize those who are doing a great job in treating their neighbor as they would want to be treated (and there are many!!!)- we could get a hand on 'corruption' and 'over-spending'. The 'role-models' now are those who are 'caught'. Sad.

The Wedge
The Wedge's picture
Offline
Joined: 04/09/2008
Hey DM

you can cringe all you want, but I on occasion do business down there. It is hard to open a business or conduct business as the official and unofficial corruption is bad. Our corruption, bad as it may be, does not hold a candle to what goes on down there. I am profoundly curious because there are great people down there. I do not believe that they are radically different from americans. So why have they not been able to get it together ever since they kicked out Maximillian-original Cinco de Mayo celebration? I really want to know-perhaps Indocumentado has knowledge

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
Deleted by Poster

.

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
Wedge

I understand - and agree. It is far worse than here. My point being that we also have a problem. With all our problems with democracy/republic - it is still the most civil form of government in the world today. Mexico - like many countries to our south, does not have a viable 'middle class'. Nor does it have a large 'educated class'. I just feel that we must be ever vigilant in maintaining the educated middle class here in the US - or we too will be in even greater trouble than we are now.

Joe Kawfi
Joe Kawfi's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/20/2009
No LIndsey

Obama opposes going after the employers because he is trying to pander to a certain class of citizens and he is trying to buy their votes so he can make them all slaves to the democrat party.

NUK_1
NUK_1's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/17/2007
Ooops

That sure sounds like PROFILING and making a major assumption to me, DM!

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
Nuk

See my reply to Cyclist.

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
Oh that's ok..Surely DM misspoke

It's only Republicans that can be racist... Haven't you heard it's the Southern Strategy after all.

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
Lindsey

Nope - didn't misspeak - just sharing an opinion from my perspective.

Gort
Gort's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/28/2009
Davids mom, you got them

Davids mom, you got them crack pot, oh, excuse me, I meant to say Tea Pot boys boiling over real good! They have a unique ability to portray themselves as an unruly mob yet, with few exceptions, lack the charm to sound sincere. They can spew their brand of venom on this forum faster than BP can discharge oil into the Gulf of Mexico, can’t they?

Davids mom
Davids mom's picture
Offline
Joined: 10/30/2005
GORT

Yup! :-)

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
Pithy

and insightful.. Thought provoking.. ok maybe not..

Gort
Gort's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/28/2009
S.Lindsey, I do try to keep

S.Lindsey, I do try to keep up, but you have to take into consideration that I insist on writing my own material.

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
Yeah I know Gort

It shows..

Gort
Gort's picture
Offline
Joined: 07/28/2009
S.Lindey, aaauuuhhhhHHHH,…..

S.Lindey, aaauuuhhhhHHHH,…..

He Got Me!.........

ka-Thud,….

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz……poop! +

S. Lindsey
S. Lindsey's picture
Offline
Joined: 12/31/2008
Mars attacks

You have to admit you left it open for a shot..8-)

Recent Comments