Good Friday, Easter services set in Fayette, Coweta
Fayette and Coweta area churches will join others throughout the world this weekend with Easter services celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ. This Sunday also will mark the culmination of Holy Week activities which, for most, began last Sunday with Palm Sunday celebrations and continued throughout this week.
The following churches have notified The Citizen of planned activities for Holy Week and Easter:
• All Saints Anglican Church in Peachtree City. Holy Saturday activities will begin with an Easter Egg Hunt at Coffee’s Farm at 1 p.m. and will conclude with Easter Vigil beginning at 8:30 p.m. at the church.
On Easter Sunday, April 4, Holy Communion services will be held at 8 and 10:30 a.m.
All Saints is a member of the Convocation of Anglicans in North America (CANA) and the Anglican Church of North America (ACNA). The church is at 225 South Peachtree Pkwy. in Peachtree City. For more information, call 770-502-1046.
• Atlanta City Church, with locations in Fairburn and Peachtree City, will have a dramatic Easter presentation on Easter Sunday entitled “Snapshot,” to be performed in Fairburn at 9 a.m. and in Peachtree City at 11 a.m.
The North (Fairburn) campus is at 3355 Old Jonesboro Rd. and the South (Peachtree City) Campus is at 320 Dividend Drive in the city’s Industrial Park.
For more information, call 770-964-2138, or visit www.atlantacitychurch.com.
• Bethany United Methodist Church, on Easter Sunday, will have a sunrise service will be held at 7 a.m. followed by breakfast at 7:40 a.m. The resurrection celebration will be at 11 a.m. in the church sanctuary.
Bethany is at Rivers/Milam and Lee’s Lake Roads in north Fayette County. The Rev. Sally Oakes is pastor.
• Brooks United Methodist Church - On Saturday, April 3, the church will host an Easter “Eggstravaganza” egg hunt from 3-5 p.m. Those attending should bring their own baskets.
On Easter Sunday, Brooks UMC will have two services, a contemporary service at 9 a.m. and a traditional service at 11 a.m.
Brooks UMC is at 119 Morgan Mill Rd. in Brooks. For more information, call 770-719-7593.
• Calvary Fayette church, a fellowship of Calvary Chapel Cobb, will have Easter services at 10:30 a.m. on Easter Sunday. The church meets at Tyrone Elementary School, 876 Senoia Rd., Tyrone. For more information, call 770-449-2222 or visit the church website, www.ccfayette.com.
• Carriage Lane Presbyterian, on Easter Sunday, twill have one worship service at 11 a.m.
The church is at 101 Carriage Lane. Dr. W. Douglas Griffith is senior pastor.
For more information, call 770-631-4618 or visit www.carriagelanepres.org.
• The Catholic Church of St. Gabriel in Fayetteville will have several Holy Week activities.
On Holy Saturday, Easter Vigil Mass will be celebrated at 8:45 p.m. and on Easter Sunday, Masses will be celebrated at 8 and 10:30 a.m. and at 1 p.m.
The church is at 152 Antioch Rd., Fayetteville, just south of Ga. Hwy. 92 South. Father Michael McWhorter is pastor.
For more information, call 770-461-0492.
• Christ Our Shepherd Lutheran Church in Peachtree City will offer 12 events during Holy Week and Easter.
Members will participate in a Prayer Vigil Friday through Sunday, April 2-4, signing up to spend an hour in prayer at the church.
The Vigil of Easter takes place on April 3 at 7 p.m.and features scriptures, music, and Holy Communion.
Five services are scheduled on Easter morning. Two are at 8:30 a.m.: in the Fellowship Hall “one50,” the high school praise band, will lead worship; in the sanctuary, the choir and Christ Our Shepherd Brass will lead.
The same two groups, led by Karl Dietmeyer, will be worship leaders at 10 a.m. At 11 a.m. worship in the Fellowship Hall will be led by GraceFlock musicians. The final service at 11:30 a.m. is in the sanctuary.
The church is on the corner of Ga. Highway 54 and Peachtree Parkway in Peachtree City.
• Church of the Holy Cross Charismatic Episcopal Church will have an Easter service at 10:30 a.m. on April 4. The church meets at 140 Kathi Ave. in Fayetteville, near McDonald’s. Father Paul Massey is pastor.
• Dogwood Church in Tyrone will have four Easter worship services, two on Saturday and two on Sunday.
Saturday services will be at 5 and 6:30 p.m. and Sunday services will be at 9:30 and 11 a.m.
The church is at 975 Ga. Hwy. 74 South, Tyrone. For more information, call 770-487-6691 or visit www.dogwoodchurch.org.
• Edgefield Baptist Church in Fayetteville will have a Good Friday service April 2 at 7 p.m. which will include a dramatization, “Good Friday-The Crucifixion/Execution (Modern Day) - How would Jesus be Crucified Today?”
On Sunday, April 4, Resurrection Day service will be a 10 a.m. and will include a dramatization, “He Lives.” An Easter Egg Hunt will follow the service.
Edgefield Baptist is at 140 Church St. in downtown Fayetteville. Eddie Thomas is the senior pastor. For more information, call the church, 770-461-7388.
• The Episcopal Church of the Nativity will have two Good Friday services, one at noon and another at 7 p.m.
Easter Vigil will begin Saturday, April 3, at 8 p.m.
Easter Sunday services will be held at 9 and 11 a.m.
The church is at 130 Antioch Rd., Fayetteville. For more information, call 770-460-6390, or visist www.nativityepiscopal.org.
• Fayette Family Church will present “Jesus of Nazareth,” on Easter Sunday, April 4 at 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. The church is at 1729 Ga. Highway 54 W., Fayetteville. Call 770-461-6235 or email email@example.com for more info. The website is at fayettefamilychurch.org.
• Fayetteville First United Methodist Church will have a Good Friday Service of Solemn Reflectionat 7 p.m. in the sanctuary.
Easter Sunday services will be at 8:30, 9:45 and 11 a.m., all in the sanctuary. The church is at 175 E. Lanier Ave. (Ga. Hwy. 54) in downtown Fayetteville. The Rev. Mark Westmoreland is senior minister. For more information, call the church, 770-461-4313.
• First Baptist Church, Peachtree City, will have three Easter Worship services. Services at the main campus will be at 9 and 10:35 a.m. with the choir. A worship service at the Bridge with the Praise Band will be at 10:35 a.m.
The church is at 208 Willowbend Rd. For more information, call 770-487-8133 or visit www.fbcptc.org.
• First Presbyterian Church, Peachtree City, Easter Sunday services will include contemporary worship at 9 a.m. and traditional worship at 11:15 a.m.
The church is at 206 Willowbend Rd. Dr. David Miller is pastor. For more information, call 770-487-7757, or visit www.FirstPres.com.
• Heritage Christian Church will have Easter services at 8, 9:30, and 11 a.m. on easter Sunday. During the 8 a.m. service, nursery/childcare will be provided for two years and under only. Children’s programs and nursery will be provided for 9:30 and 11 a.m. services.
The church is at 2130 Redwine Rd., Fayetteville. For information, call 770-716-5768 or visit www.heritagechristian.org.
• Hopewell United Methodist Church in Tyrone. On Easter Sunday, services will be at 8:30 and 11 a.m. The Rev. Scott Pickering will present all sermons.
The church is located at 351 Jenkins Rd., across from Sandy Creek High School. For more information contact the church office, 770-306-7537.
• McDonough Road Baptist Church will have a sunrise service at 7 a.m. and Easter worship at 10:55 a.m. The church is at 352 McDonough Rd., just past the department of drivers’ services building. Visit the church website, www.mcdonoughroad.org. Dr. David Chancey is pastor.
• National Heights Baptist Church will have an egg hunt for the children followed by a Car Show for adults on Saturday, April 3. The egg hunt will begin at 9:30 a. m. There will be candy in abundance, face painting, and lots of fun.
At 11 a.m, the Car Show will begin, with vintage automobiles from around the county. Car owners will compete for “Best In Show,” “Most Original,” and “Best Restoration.”
There will be refreshments for sale including homemade barbecue, cakes and pies. All proceeds will be donated to the church.
Easter morning services will be held at 10:55 am preceded by the decorating of a 10-foot high cross with flowers from members’ gardens.
National Heights Baptist Church is on the corner of Ga. Highway 54 and Old Norton Road in Fayetteville, just across from Fayette Piedmont Hospital. The pastor is Dr. Steve deClaisse-Walford.
• New Hope Baptist Church will have an annual Easter EGGstravaganza Saturday, April 3 from 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. at the South Campus location, 1563 Ga. Hwy. 74 S., Senoia.
The event will feature breakfast with the pastor, egg hunts for children in preschool through fifth grade, inflatables, clown shows, face painting and family fun. This is a free event except for food ($1 for students; $2 for adults). For more information, call 770-461-4337.
New Hope’s Easter Sunday services at the North Campus will be at 8 and 10:55 a.m.; at the South Campus a service will be held at 9:15 a.m.
• New Life in Christ Anglican Church in Coweta County will have Easter Sunday service with Holy Communion at 3 p.m.
The church is at 20 Tower Way, Suite 5, at Thomas Crossroads. For more information, call 770-502-9053.
• Peachtree City United Methodist Church willparticipate in the annual Good Friday community Service on April 2, from noon - 1:30 p.m., this year held at Peachtree City First Presbyterian Church.
The Stations of the Cross will be offered at PTCUMC on Holy Saturday, April 3, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Stations of the Cross consist of a self-guided tour through 14 stations that offer a time for reading, experiencing, pondering and praying. Guide books will be available for both adults and children. The Stations lead participants through the scripture from the time of Jesus’s arrest through his trial and crucifixion, up to his being placed in the tomb.
On Sunday, April 4, Easter Sunday worship services at Peachtree City United Methodist Church will be at 8, 9:30 and 11 a.m. and will feature the chancel Choir and Orchestra.
During the 9:30 and 11 a.m. services, childcare will be available for infants and children through age four and Sunday school classes will be held for children in kindergarten through second grade. All services and events will be held in the sanctuary at 225 Robinson Road and the Rev. Herzen Andone will speak at all services. For more information contact the church, 770-487-6499 or go to www.ptcumc.org.
• Prince of Peace Lutheran Church will have a Good Friday Tenebrae service will be held at 8 p.m. on Friday, April 2.
An outdoor Easter Sunrise Service will be held at 7:30 a.m. and a Contemporary Easter service indoors at 9:15 a.m. An Easter Egg Hunt is planned for 10:45 a.m.
A Pipe Organ Easter Service will be held at 11:15 a.m. with Pastor Justin Kollmeyer’s Easter message, “The Way to Live.”
The church is on Ga. Hwy. 314 between Lowe’s and The Pavilion. For more information, go to www.princeofpeacefayette.com.
• Providence United Methodist Church will have traditional Easter worship services with handbells and choir at 9 and 11:11 a.m. on easter Sunday. The 10 a.m. service includes music by contemporary Christian artists by a praise and worship band led by Adam Holt. Stay late and enjoy a free cup of coffee in the cafe. For more information go to www.provumc.com or call 770-719-8800.
• St Christopher Hellenic Orthodox Church, on Saturday, April 3, the church will offer Vesperal Liturgy at 9 a.m. and Resurrection Services at 11 p.m.
On Easter Sunday, April 4, Agape will be at 11 a.m.
For a complete listing, see saintchristopherhoc.org or call 770-487-0078.
• St. Mary Magdalene Catholic Church, On Holy Saturday, the Easter Vigil will begin at 8:30 p.m. outdoors and will conclude inside the church with the celebration of the Eucharist and special music and prayer.
On Easter Sunday morning, Mass will be celebrated at 9 a.m. with a special Children’s Mass at 10:30 a.m. followed by a Mass at noon. Nursery will be available at the 9 a.m. Mass.
St. Mary Magdalene is in the Ga. Hwy. 154/ Lower Fayetteville Road area behind the new Coweta Library. Father Daniel J. Fleming is pastor.
• St. Paul Lutheran Church, 700 Ardenlee Parkway in Peachtree City will have an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday from 10-11 a.m. A special children’s message and free hotdog lunch will follow the conclusion of the egg hunt. Children participating in the egg hunt should bring their Easter baskets.
An outdoor Easter Sunrise Service on April 4 is scheduled at 7 a.m., weather permitting. An Easter breakfast will follow at 8:15. A Combined Festival Easter Worship Service is scheduled for 10 a.m.
For more information, call 770-487-0339.
• The Vineyard Christian Fellowship — On Easter Sunday, VCF will celebrate the Resurrection with contemporary praise at 10:30 a.m.
The church congregation worships at 304 Dividend Dr. in Peachtree City’s Industrial Park.
For more information, call the church office, 770-487-9232, or visit the church website, www.southmetrovineyard.com.