Fayette Chamber of Commerce to host Leadercast
The Fayette Chamber will host a simulcast location of the Chick-fil-A Leadercast event on May 4, 2012 at Peachtree City Christian Church.
Leadercast is an opportunity for community business leaders to access the knowledge and experience of world-renowned leaders.
Chick-fil-A Leadercast is a one-day leader development event broadcast live from Atlanta, Ga., to hundreds of sites throughout the nation, including Peachtree City. Speakers for this year’s event include:
• Soledad O’Brien, anchor and special correspondent for CNN
• Tim Tebow, NFL quarterback, Heisman Trophy winner and best-selling author
• Patrick Lencioni, best-selling author and president of The Table Group
• John Maxwell, leadership expert and best-selling author of “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership”
• Marcus Buckingham, strengths strategist, best-selling author and researcher
• Angela Ahrendts, CEO, Burberry
• Roland Fryer, professor of economics at Harvard University and CEO of the Education Innovation Laboratory
• Urban Meyer, ESPN analyst and former head football coach for the University of Florida
• Andy Stanley, best-selling leadership author and communicator
• Sheena Iyengar, author of “The Art of Choosing“ and world-renowned expert of choice
Last year, 85,000 leaders from 17 countries attended Chick-fil-A Leadercast. In its 12th year, this full day, experiential conference is predicted to reach its largest audience to date.
“It is one of the single most consolidated sources of leadership that I know of,” said Paul Urbanowki, senior manager at AT&T. “But it goes beyond that. I think this conference, although very focused on leadership, transcends the topic and really shows you how to lead in life.”
This year’s program will focus on the power of choice. The diverse group of internationally-acclaimed authors, leadership experts and practitioners will share insights to help leaders empower and equip others at work, at home and in the community through his or her choices.
“We’re really good at getting messages aimed at very specific, targeted audiences. But we aren’t always very good at reaching out across the culture,” said Malcolm Gladwell, best-selling author of “Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking” and “Outliers: The Story of Success.” “I think this is one of the few organizations that does that ... that really appeals to me.”
To get more information and register for the event, visit www.FayetteChamber.org/Leadercast.