Sunday, Mar. 1, 2015      Sign In/Register         

Heat lamp played role in PTC house fire

A house fire that gutted a home on Gelding Garth in Peachtree City last week is being blamed on a heating lamp.

Fire officials said Thursday that the heating lamp was used by the family on the back porch of 100 Gelding Garth to help keep their dog warm. The Feb. 26 fire destroyed the back porch area and also cut significantly into the house.

No one was hurt as about 20 firefighters responded to the scene to battle the blaze. The fire was reported by a neighbor and by the time the first fire crew arrived flames were visible from the rear of the home.

Location: 

Ad space area 4 internal

Sponsored Content

Opinion

Quit, give up, or surrender. No matter how you say it, I’ve had enough and I’m doing it.

Community

Fayette County School Superintendent Dr. Joseph C. Barrow is joining nearly 2,000 school system leaders from coast to coast at the 150th National Conference on Education in San Diego 

Sports

The McIntosh Chiefs track team took first place overall in the boys and girls categories Feb. 21 at its first meet of the 2015 season, the Marietta Distance Carnival.

Lifestyle

Fayette County School System students participating in the All State Orchestra performed at the Feb. 17 school board meeting.