Accused Walmart gunman turns self in
The alleged gunman in an Sept. 17 armed robbery at the Fayetteville Wal-Mart has turned himself in to Fayetteville police, officials said.
Brandon Thomas Mann, 18, of Fairburn was accompanied by his attorney Wednesday when he surrendered to police, who had issued multiple arrest warrants against Mann in connection with the case.
Mann and two others are accused of committing the robbery of a husband and wife in the Wal-Mart parking lot. The couple was walking toward their vehicle when they were approached by a man who pointed a pistol at the male victims and demanded their wallet and purse, police said.
The victims refused to cooperate and two shots were fired as they ran from the area, police said. The suspects left the scene in a red Chevrolet Tahoe, police said.
The Tahoe was recovered at the Riverdale home of one of the suspects, along with additional evidence that led to the two other suspects, police said.
In addition to the pending charges on Mann, police last week arrested and charged Antonio Jamal Blakely, 25, of Riverdale and William Anthony Manuel, 20, of Fairburn with participating in the incident.
Fayetteville police Det. Scott Isreal thanked several agencies that helped with the investigation including the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office and the police departments of Clayton County, Atlanta and Fairburn.