Saturday, Mar. 7, 2015    Login | Register        

Space heater led to trailer fire

A space heater is being blamed for causing a fire that destroyed a trailer in downtown Tyrone last week.

The trailer, located adjacent to Tyrone Tire, caught fire Jan. 21 but no one was hurt, fire officials said. The resident had left the space heater on for several dogs while the resident was away, officials said.

The fire was well underway when the first crew arrived on the scene. The crew’s response was delayed initially because the wrong address was given by the person reporting the fire, officials said.

The trailer was adjacent to the CSX railroad tracks, and as a precaution trains were advised to slow down while the fire was knocked down.

Less than 20 minutes later, CSX was given the all-clear to return to normal operations in the area.

Location: 

Ad space area 4 internal

Sponsored Content

Opinion

Early in the morning when no one else is awake or late at night after the children are put to sleep, I collect bags and shoeboxes full of them.

Sports

If the “Fountain of Youth” really exists, it may be at the Canongate golf courses in Fayette and Coweta counties.

Lifestyle

The Fayette County Extension office will offer a propagation workshop on Saturday, March 14. The workshop, “Starting Plants from Seeds; Cost Effective Ways to Garden,” begins at 10 a.m.